Hive Heating & Worcester Bosch Greenstar 37CDi Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'd like to swap out my Honeywell BDR91 on my Bosch Greenstar 37CDi Combi boiler for a Hive Heating system instead.

Am I right in thinking that its just the CH version of the Hive that I need and then it'll just be a case of setting the HW switch on the boiler to permanently 'ON' since I'll no longer be able to control that side of things with the current Honeywell wireless remote that seems cumbersome?
Thanks
Boiler controls1.JPG

Sponsored Links
I'd like to swap out my Honeywell BDR91 on my Bosch Greenstar 37CDi Combi boiler for a Hive Heating system instead.
Are you sure you have a BDR91?
I may be wrong, but the picture you have shown is a WB/Drayton wireless receiver mounted on the front of your boiler; the thermostat might look something like this:
Screenshot_20230318-151039_Chrome.jpg
If you do have a separate BDR91, and it works, then the boiler receiver should already be correctly set for it to operate.
The Hive could then replace it.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Ahhh. I wasn't near the boiler when I posted earlier but I've just taken actual photos of the reality. There is a further wireless Honeywell remote too.

Attachments

• Boiler 3.JPG
    Boiler 3.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 76
  • Boiler 2.JPG
    Boiler 2.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 131
There is a further wireless Honeywell remote too.
Then as above, no need to worry about the boiler front panel receiver, if the Honeywell is working, it is probably already bypassed.

Am I right in thinking that its just the CH version of the Hive
Yes, you can swap the BDR91 for a single channel Hive.

Sponsored Links
Then as above, no need to worry about the boiler front panel receiver, if the Honeywell is working, it is probably already bypassed.

Yes, you can swap the BDR91 for a single channel Hive.
Thanks and much obliged. Top man...(oops.. or woman?) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back