HIVE heating working not hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello...

I have 2 HIVE thermostats and 2 receivers (V3 models) as I have 2 heating circuits from one system boiler and a closed loop hot water tank. The HIVE system was installed 11 months ago, all working perfect until I go away for a few days and turn the water off on the APP (as I always do). When I returned I switched it back to schedule on the APP but it isn't heating the water.

What I found....
1. The receiver does switch on when told to do so (the green light comes on) by the APP but it doesn't activate the boiler. You can also manually turn it on by pressing the button on the receiver.
2. I can get the hot water to work by turning the heating on and pushing the hot water motorised valve to manual. I should also say the valve lever is stiff to move (not energised ?) so I believe that is good and there are no issues with it, but who knows.
3. I therefore thought it might be a loose connection so I have checked all the wiring and junction box and can't see any issues.
4. Last try was buying a new HIVE receiver but that gets me the same result.

Not sure what else to try.

Any help greatly appreciated while I wait for my busy plumber to attend.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sounds like a motorised valve failure, either the motor or the microswitch not being made. Put the hot water on and feel the valve lever again - floppy or stiff?

Hi Chris, the lever is stiff (same tension as other 2 valve levers). I did have another valve fail 12 months ago which went floppy hence me thinking the valve is ok on this one. Perhaps a microswitch in the valve then ? Hopefully my plumber will be here soon!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back