Hive installation advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning.
Im looking to have a hive installed in my house.
The current set up is using a CentaurPlus C27, using this wiring diagram in the attached files.

I have ordered a Hive duel channel receiver unit, to be installed by the electrician I normally use.

I have just been reading the HIVE website and it says
"If you have an Oil based system, just give us a call and we’ll let you know if we can install Hive for you."
I have tried calling but i cant get through. So i thought id ask on here if anyone has any idea if it can be done?

The hive installation diagram doesn't seem the most detailed, so any pointers that i can pass on to the electrician would be great. Thanks
Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 10.19.08.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 10.53.23.png

Sponsored Links
I havn't seen a gravity hot water system in ages!

Anyway the Hive part is wired in exactly the same way as the old programmer:

N - N
L - L
3 - 3
4 - 4

Infact, if the bases are EXACTLY identical it should just clip to the old C27 Base, no wiring required. If not, swapping them over should take only a few minutes.

N - N
L - L
3 - 3
4 - 4

Infact, if the bases are EXACTLY identical it should just clip to the old C27 Base, no wiring required. If not, swapping them over should take only a few minutes.

Ok thanks.
Maybe a new boiler should be on the shopping list too.

N - N
L - L
3 - 3
4 - 4

Would it be without 4? as the room stat will now be the hive room stat which is wireless.

Sponsored Links
The unit the OP is trying to wire is a 2 channel wireless receiver isn't it? The Hive fancy looking bit using this to controll both CH and DHW?

Or have I got it totally wrong?

The unit the OP is trying to wire is a 2 channel wireless receiver isn't it? The Hive fancy looking bit using this to controll both CH and DHW
Yes, which is fine as that is what they require.
It just needs to be set to Gravity, so that heating can't be selected on it's own.

The room thermostat also needs to be removed and the C and Call wires permanently connected together (or the thermostat set to maximum permanently and left like that)

It just needs to be set to Gravity, so that heating can't be selected on it's own.

The room thermostat also needs to be removed and the C and Call wires permanently connected together (or the thermostat set to maximum permanently and left like that)

Good thinking!

I have just looked at the Hive manual and every single thing mentioned here is written in the installation instructions. In fact the manual is very well written and not poorly translated from another language.

It looks like the only issue with oil systems is that British Gas don't deal with them!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back