Hive Issue - Tried everything

Ahhh right. I just set it to what I was told by the person on the Hive helpline. They asked if I had a tank in the loft that fed the hot water tank and when I said yes they said it needed to be put in gravity mode.
Sounds about right for their "Technicall helpline" I am a Hive installer and they havent a clue, glad you got it sorted

Sponsored Links
Years ago when we had gravity hot water, and pumped heating, we had to buy a 3 port valve (as well as other bits, including a tank stat) to convert it to a fully pumped system. Only reason was that the boiler was floor mounted and the hot water tank was at the top of the airing cupboard and I wanted to move it to the bottom. I didn't think you needed a 3 port valve or a tank stat if you were using gravity to heat your water. Perhaps I had a different type of system?
But you do not have gravity HW , set it to fully pumped, Gravity fed as you call it and gravity HW are totally not the same thing, you have a mid position valve so you have a Y plan fully pumped system NOT A GRAVITY HW SYSTEM, they are completely different your Hive is set wrong
So I have a fully pumped open vented system (a loft tank for heating and a loft tank for hot water)

Yay, I got something right for once! :ROFLMAO:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back