Hive motorised valve problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m having a problem with my single port Honeywell motorised valve on the hot water circuit. Everything was working fine until problems began this week with a failure of the spark generator in the boiler. Had this repaired now the hot water motorised valve won’t work. I’ve changed the syncron motor and still not getting anywhere. I can use the override lever to get hot water, but the valve won’t energise. Nothing has changed, just stopped working. It’s wired in accordance with the S plan and is a split circuit upstairs and downstairs. CH valves working ok, but when Hive calls for hot water, no response from the valve. I’m stumped!

Sponsored Links
Time to get your multimeter out and see whether you have appropriate volts at thermostat, motor, microswitch and finally boiler.

Reactions: CBW
Nothing has changed, just stopped working.
I beg to differ, something most definitely has changed, even if it's coincidental.
The zone valve should have mains (230vac) to its brown wire when commanded to open. Start by checking for that before changing synchron motors.
Could the boiler repairer have accidentally disturbed ZV connections, or even tripped over the cable? Likewise the cylinder 'stat or its cable? Was the cylinder 'stat setting changed? ....Don't assume, check facts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back