Hive thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
I'm interested in fitting a hive controller, but not sure if it's compatible?

My current heating and hot water is done via a programmer - simply a case of on at X o'clock and off at X o'clock - set to Come on twice a day. If the central heating is on the hot water is on. It currently has no temperature setting.
I replaced the programmer a few years ago which was easy enough to do - just screwed onto the original back plate. Would this be the same?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Hive is compatible with the most commonly used backplate that's used these days. So it may be a straight replace.

Are you aware that the advertised price includes fitting too?

Am I correct in saying that you attach the controller to the face plate then mount the temperature dial unit elsewhere - when it then reaches a temperature it would switch on off by beaming back to the control unit?

Hive is compatible with the most commonly used backplate that's used these days. So it may be a straight replace.

For some reason Bg have released it through screwfix and others for £179 a self install kit.
I think this is a mistake personally and will lead to bad reviews when people struggle to bind it all (through not following the steps correctly) and find it doesn't work correctly

Sponsored Links
Am I correct in saying that you attach the controller to the face plate then mount the temperature dial unit elsewhere - when it then reaches a temperature it would switch on off by beaming back to the control unit?
Correct!

For some reason Bg have released it through screwfix and others for £179 a self install kit.
I think this is a mistake personally and will lead to bad reviews when people struggle to bind it all (through not following the steps correctly) and find it doesn't work correctly
Agreed. You can get it from BG themselves at that price too but it's quite hidden away on the website. Thinking of getting it for my parents for Christmas.

If you have a BG contract (Scottish Gas in our case), and you've called them out to fix a fault, then the guy can supply and install it for £100 while he's there. We got this around spring this year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back