Honeywell ST7100 to Hive receiver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I have a Honeywell ST7100 programmer and have attempted to connect a hive dual channel receiver, the system is y plan fully pumped, all connected able to switch hot water and central heating on and off via the hive thermostat the heating is working fine but despite the boiler coming on for hot water the pump isn't running? The hive receiver is set to fully pumped.
Any help, please

Attachments

• IMG_20190511_104100.jpg
    IMG_20190511_104100.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_20190512_143126.jpg
    IMG_20190512_143126.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_20190512_143418.jpg
    IMG_20190512_143418.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 276
Sponsored Links
Hard to say over a forum without seeing the whole wiring set up and what each wire is connected to at the other end, but I can give you a pointer.

With a 'Y Plan' for control of the pump when hot water is required, there are two possibilities.

1. Some boilers provide direct control for the pump and have wiring terminals specifically for the pump. This is unlikely in your case if the boiler is working OK in both heating and hot water modes and the pump problem only occurs when the hot water is on, yet works OK with the heating.

2. The cylinder thermostat provides control of the pump in the same way as it does the boiler.

You can see method 1 graphically here.

Please note though, that if your system uses method 2 and the boiler doesn't have a dedicated pump connection, then the diagram would be different in that the pumps live wire would be connected to the same connection as the boiler 'switched live' and not the adjacent 'pump live' as shown in the diagram.

If it is a Y plan you should have a wire in the HW off terminal on your existing setup , I dont see one , is there one there ?

Ive attached a wiring plan of the original wiring

Attachments

• CURRRENT WIRING.png
    CURRRENT WIRING.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 867
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
yes and as your wiring .png shows you need a wire in terminal 7 HW off but I do not see one in your pic did it have one ?

Sorry yes the HW off was wired in, I wired the com 6 wire into the live on the hive receiver and think I should of wired it to the L on the boiler and the number 1 on the cylinder stat to the s/l on the boiler?

Think this is the way I wired the Hive up

Attachments

• HIVE.png
    HIVE.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 415
No that is wrong you couldnt have wired it like that , you have a permanent live supplying the switched live in that diagram

Hi the wire from the HW off(7) goes to terminal 2 on the cylinder stat and the grey wire on 3 port.

Think I might just bin it and get a new combi boiler fitted as the system is quite old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back