Honeywell ST7100 & mains pressure system boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Help!!
We have an Ideal mains-pressure system boiler in the attic, tank and Honeywell ST7100 controller/timer in the old airing cupboard, & a thermostat downstairs in the hall.

We ordered a Hive a year back, with installation.
Installer came out, took ST7100 timer off, looked at wires and declared there were too many...& left. We took a refund on the Hive (n)

12 months on....the ST7100 has taken to buzzing loudly when water is on. We need to replace it :eek:

Ideally with something a bit smarter....perhaps not a Hive. :whistle:
It would be nice to have the timer easier to set (downstairs, for example!)....if it could be hive/nest-like with app/scheduling, great (y)

Any suggestions?

We would want an installer to be able to deploy - my skills are ok, but not a qualified sparks by any means....in the Leicester area.

Sponsored Links
Hive, Nest or pretty much any other equivalent can be fitted. It's a fairly straightforward and standard job.

The 'installer' was a chancer who clearly had no idea what they were doing.

Thanks for the reply that was kind of what I thought at the time, but couldn't tell him to pull his socks up.
Maybe I need a proper Sparky willing to do the work!

That said, I was looking at the Drayton Wiser, which got good reviews, and think I found something that suggested it would not work with a mains-pressure system boiler (like we have)....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back