HLennox Aircoolair KNCK 48D VFC BMS integration help please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been integrating a Building Management system and reached a sticking point with the HVAC.
It's a Lennox aircoolair External DX unit comprising two compressors (Copeland) and two fans. There are two sets of coils in the air handling unit.
The coils in the air handling unit aren't piped in hence not gassed up yet
The BMS Panel has the following termination pairs (other than 3 phase power) for>

Ext DX1 Enable Stage 1
Ext DX1 Enable Stage 2
Ext DX1 Fault

Ext DX2 Enable Stage 1
Ext DX2 Enable Stage 2
Ext DX2 Fault
on Lennox KNCK 48D VFC
signifying:

KN=Prduct = Aircoolair
C= Cooling only (not heat pump)
K = Refrigerant - R407C
48=Cooling Capacity kW
D= 2 [refrigerant] Circuits.
VFC = Volt Free Contact version

The manual I rxed was in Spanish. The Tech Support in Nederlands said refer to the manual. The nearest I could find to an electronic copy [which doesn't refer only to the model we have] is:

http://webmanuals.lennoxeurope.com/...nual (IOM)/MI%20AIRCOOLAIR%20ext%20ingles.pdf

from page 21, would I be correct in assuming the faults for DX1 would come from 62 with and for DX2 63.

We have the rest of the Building Controls up and running on the BMS despite much of the kit received not being that which was specified (to save a few pounds they went for cheaper options and closeouts, which aren't fully BMS compliant).

I don't know much about HVAC so can't make out from the manual the architecture of the DX unit. I'm not even sure the unit has two DXs and if they can be enabled in two stages. That would need oto be a multi-split?
Would stage 1 be the compressor, stage 2 the fan on each half?
Would stage 1 be half speed on a compressor an stage 2 full speed?
I have a suspicion the wrong DX unit has been ordered and it should be a multi-split vfc.

Sponsored Links
Haven't a clue :LOL:

Never worked on this type of thing and by the sounds of it neither have you .

Find out who the rep is and ask him.

If you are really stuck ring them and ask if you could have a number for a service engineer who you could speak to.

Yopu could always ring them and say you have a breakdown and make sure you are on site when the guy cimes out. Bung him a few quid and he will fix it out :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back