Supervision faults on Texecom Premier Elite....Please Help??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I wonder if any of you good kind people could help me in trying to resolve my issues i am currently having with my alarm.
Basically i had an alarm engineer install a new system into my property after i had a major refurb (installed in Summer 2013).
Basically removed all old system and replaced it with new Texecom Premier Elite series equipment.

My explanation below in places may be in the past tense as this has beeen going on since before Xmas 2014.
But i thought i would add all the issues so you have the full picture.

My system is basically made up of the following:
3 wired pirs
1 wired external sounder
1 wired front door contact
5 downstairs wireless vibration sensors (Texecom Impact Contact-W) covering kitchen door and 4 no windows.
2 upstairs wireless vibration sensors (Texecom Impact Contact-W) covering windows in 2 bedrooms.
I have a wired Texecom Premier keypad and under the stairs either a Texecom Premier Elite 24-W or 48-W.
Not too sure what one it is as only reading info off manuals.
All has been fine until last week when i part set the alarm at night as i normally do(covering just doors and all windows due to pets) and got the following text across keypad "Zones preventing exit start are: Zone 014 Secure Lucy's window".
On reading this i of course checked device window and all looked perfect as window had not even been open for at least 6 weeks anyway.

Tried setting it as a full alarm and still same issues.

Left overnight and then tried again to no avail.

Spoke to alarm engineer who said for now he would isolate that particular zone 014 just in case it was a battery issue causing problems.
He talked me through on the phone how to do it and all was fine for the next couple of days.

Only to on the 3rd night it now said "Zones preventing exit start are: Zone 015 Secure Lounge middle window".

Pressed reset on keypad to bring back to front screen (showing date/time etc) then after say 30 secs noticed the text moving slightly to show full date instead of say Sat 10 now said say Sat 10th Dec 2014.
Then after that it scrolled radio jamming then went back to time and date.

I then had engineer round who reset panel after changing all lithuim batteries installed to new ones(Jan 2015).
All seemed to be great for 2-3 days and then the issue came back but this time said system alerts message with 3 supervision faults all relating to wireless window vibration sensors which have had new batteries fitted some 4-5 months ago.
Only plus point is radio jamming no longer shown.
This could be that i looked for all the obvious issues with radio jamming....cheap Japanese electrical devices installed etc,wireless room stats,wireless doorbells and after some searching removed what could be the culprit which was a cheap Japanese radio mini amp located adjacent alarm panel under the stairs.

Contacted Texecom support who said The supervision faults has occurred because you down powered the control panel causing the devices to lose their signalling path. As such you will need to re-commission the mesh network. To do this move the jumper that is located between the two aerials on the control panel to 'Fit for commission mode'. Leave this for 15 minutes and then replace the jumper. This should clear the supervision fault.

This i tried but on opening panel the jumper was left already on the left hand side(basically there are 3 pins so was on the 1st 2 when i opened panel.
So what i done was just remove jumper completely for 15 mins and then reinstated but this time to the right(on pins 2 &3).
Put cover back on panel rest etc and all was healthy for say 1hr.
Then alarm beeped again and supervision faults returned as previously for the 3 wireless window vibration sensors.

As you can imagine i am nearly at the end of my tether and to make matters worse my original alarm engineer has quit doing alarms altogether so i am left to hold the baby as they say.
Would appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction on what to try next as getting desperate as i cannot enable the alarm.
I am an electrician with 25 years experience but not too hot on alarms...especially fault finding.
Hope to here from someone shortly .
Many thanks
Paul :(

Sponsored Links
Hi Paul,

okay, what coms modules do you have on the system?

do you have wintex and usb com lead, or com-ip ???

You can press menu 4 on the keypad to tell you exactly the panel and version you currently have.

Hi Securejam
Thanks for getting back to me....
Not too sure abut comm modules..
Menu 4 says:

Elite 24 ENG
- SW V2.09.01LS1

Not sure about leads???
If i need one can you let me know what one to get?

Also what do you think the issue could be?
Thanks

Hi,

comwifi would work out the best value if you have decent wifi signal near the panel.

com-ip is a hard wired version of the com wifi and costs more money.

This will allow remote access once setup, and use of the apps.

usb com lead is for local connection.

Have an idea but cant be certain, need access to logs to see whats been going on and then we can move.

I would test all your batteries, replace if necessary, check the mode of the wireless devices redo the commissioning mode whilst viewing the process in ricochet monitor. to start with.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

comwifi would work out the best value if you have decent wifi signal near the panel.

com-ip is a hard wired version of the com wifi and costs more money.

This will allow remote access once setup, and use of the apps.

usb com lead is for local connection.

Have an idea but cant be certain, need access to logs to see whats been going on and then we can move.

I would test all your batteries, replace if necessary, check the mode of the wireless devices redo the commissioning mode whilst viewing the process in ricochet monitor. to start with.

Wish you was in London as would have you round to sort it in a flash.

I suppose i am going to have to find a reputable engineer locally to get this sorted?
Any ideas best place to find one?

Regards

i pm d you my number if your around we can do this over the phone

as for in London I will be in a few weeks for ifsec

i pm d you my number if your around we can do this over the phone

as for in London I will be in a few weeks for ifsec

Many thanks for all your advice and help over the phone.
Alarm panel all sitting healthy...

Secureiam you reallly know your stuff......
Thanks again
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back