Supervision fault on Texecom Premier Elite 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,
My alarm system has developed a supervision fault in zone013. I had this alarm system fitted 5 years ago and recently had someone with some alarm knowledge upgrade the software version.
It’s currently

Texecom Premier Elite 24 ENG
SW V5.00.02LS1

I had the full system fitted by an engineer who is no longer in the business and I don’t know much about alarm systems myself.
There are around 4 or 5 wireless sensors
The supervision fault in zone 013 occurred around 2 hours after the guy upgraded the software, tested everything was working and left. If anyone could shed some light on how to fix this problem, that’d be much appreciated.

Thank you =)

Sponsored Links
Well this sounds like the device is longer polling and hasn't done after 2 hrs.

Flashing a panel up itself shouldn't be enough to cause a supervision fault. 8 polls 15 mins = 2hrs, so device not worked after the panel flash.

What version was the panel prior to flashing?
What version of wireless expander do you have?

so was a back up profile of the panel taken?
when the panel was flashed was it defaulted before being reprogrammed?
when reprogrammed using wintex to send the data back was the commissioning mode re done?

Do you have a coms mdule like smart com connected to the panel?

Sponsored Links
8 polls 15 mins = 2hrs

You have any literature to back that up please mate. Makes sense to me but I
only ask as Texecom told me this about supervision loss;

Supervision faults relate to the Ricochet Wireless devices, indicating that they have not communicated with the receiver for 15 minutes.

Well this sounds like the device is longer polling and hasn't done after 2 hrs.

Flashing a panel up itself shouldn't be enough to cause a supervision fault. 8 polls 15 mins = 2hrs, so device not worked after the panel flash.

What version was the panel prior to flashing?
What version of wireless expander do you have?

so was a back up profile of the panel taken?
when the panel was flashed was it defaulted before being reprogrammed?
when reprogrammed using wintex to send the data back was the commissioning mode re done?

Do you have a coms mdule like smart com connected to the panel?

I think the panel was V2 before it was upgraded. Like I mentioned earlier this software upgrade was done by a local guy with alarm knowledge. He tested the alarm, it was arming and working, however a couple of hours later the supervision fault showed up. Hence why I am here trying to figure out what happened. I will try my best to find out the answers to your questions.
Thank you for your replies =)

Last edited:
@steveo44

It’s set at 120 mins which is 2hrs, no idea where it is in the manuals you would have to look.

In commissioning mode for example the devices poll in every 4 minutes rather than every 15 minutes. Couldn’t tell you where that is in the manual either.

No idea what you have been told and by whom, but if Texecom say 15 minutes I must be wrong......

May be take a look at the Texecom forum, I would try the wireless expander manual first for the info would expect it to be in there if anywhere.

Last edited:
@m7766p

Unfortunately not sure you can prove fault by the engineers so easily and don’t want to get into that.

See pm.

The wireless zone allocations changed between some versions and caused some grief if things weren’t done a certain way, but it wasn’t always the case.

There are a few possibilities and not all would point to the engineer necessarily.

@steveo44

It’s set at 120 mins which is 2hrs, no idea where it is in the manuals you would have to look.

In commissioning mode for example the devices poll in every 4 minutes rather than every 15 minutes. Couldn’t tell you where that is in the manual either.

No idea what you have been told and by whom, but if Texecom say 15 minutes I must be wrong......

May be take a look at the Texecom forum, I would try the wireless expander manual first for the info would expect it to be in there if anywhere.

This info is from Texecom’s technical guy. Got to say I’m confused by this.

Attachments

• 1D2154FA-EC10-49F4-B1AF-2E0ADABB1444.jpeg
    1D2154FA-EC10-49F4-B1AF-2E0ADABB1444.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 432
The panel reports supervision fault after 2hrs not 15 minutes. You can test this for verification, it certainly was the case on Elites that I have seen, however I can't claim to have seen them all and verify it.

Technically if the device doesn't poll in it is lost, but the panel does not report as lost (supervision fault) until missing for 2 hours, not checked this lately, had a look at the manuals just now, the expander manuals don't really mention it.

32 - Supervision Time
This timer controls the frequency at which the Ricochet devices are
required to report in to the control panel.

Supervision Fault
A Radio device has failed to poll back to the panel within the Supervision Time

Never tested the supervision time on Radio plus or Ricochet, but my understanding is the timer is fixed these days, but can't say that with any degree of certainty.

I don't doubt your correspondence, until I physically see different, I will believe the panel showing supervision fault has had a device not poll in for 2 hrs not 15 minutes.

It maybe possible on the ricochet diagnostics, that an S will show that a radio device has not polled in but two hours has not expired and the panel not reported a supervision fault.

I have seen the display go blank when a device hasn't reported in on the ricochet diagnostics, but haven't tested to confirm at which point that occurs.

been looking at a system today via wintex.

I am awaiting confirmation from Texecom to confirm how the poll errors/ supervision report.

1. It would appear from what I have seen to today the device polls every 15 minutes
2. After 3 missed polls it reports the device blue in ricochet monitor
3. Panel reports supervision fault after 2 hrs, and ricochet diagnostics also reports Capital S indication supervision fault.

will confirm later after confirmation on what the process should be now but this was on a 64W latest firmware.

Well what I described above and observed isn't how its supposed to work apparently.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back