Texecom 'Supervision Alarm'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On my Elite 48.
The keypads have given a couple of 'trills' when the alarm was off.
Checking in the log I see these were recorded as Supervision Faults, for a magnetic switch on a window.
According to the Ricochet monitor there is no problem with the switch. It is not far from the Ricochet hub and had a new battery six months ago.

So what does the Supervision Fault mean? Would it cause a full alarm if the system was set?

Advice please :)

Edit: the title is wrong - the log says Supervision Fault, not Alarm.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Loss of signal for a period of time. Open Ricochet expander (whist in engineer mode) amd leave lid off for 15 mins as this will rebuild the ricochet network. If contact is near anything metal or metal structure of building then it can weaken the signal.

Thank you for the advice!
I am rather puzzled by the loss of signal, as this device is the nearest of five on the system, and there are others that could relay the signal if the direct path is blocked.
Could the device itself be faulty do you think?

Remove the sensor & place somewhere else close to expander, delete re-enroll & see if the problem persists. If it does it could be faulty. If not its where the sensor is sited thats causing the issue.

Sponsored Links
Thanks! I'll do that today.
I may have to leave it for a few days to see if it happens again. If the alarm is set if/when it happens again, will a full alarm happen?

Not sure how it reacts when system is set but tbh I but would proberly recommend you put the circuit on soak test for a number of days. Also check the supervision timer - Option 32 Global options.

I haven't got that Option 32 - probably because my panel is still on v2.09. Time I updated it!

hmm if its eating batteries, does ricochet monitor show power fault, this sometimes happens with devices that get damp.

restablishing the mesh shouldnt be needed if these have been in years if you are just replacing batteries, however if the device is moved then it should be reestablished.

To be fair, I do the comisioning mode at least twice these days to see if it improves, had a few situation where the first pass didnt get good results, so did it it a few times until there was no improvement, (twice seemed optimal).

The Ricochet monitor shows no problems at all.
I have five wireless devices, all connecting directly to the hub - no multiple paths. The one showing the fault is the nearest to the hub. I replaced all the batteries six months ago, after about three years' use.
I have moved the suspect device to a different place with almost line of sight to the hub. No further Supervision faults so far.
Obviously I don't want to leave it there as that window is no longer protected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back