Texecom Ricochet PIR not polling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hoping to get some help with a new issue on a system I installed in 2019 and which has been trouble- free until now

Prem elite 64 with Smartcom and a range of wired PIRs & contacts plus four Ricochet PIRs and two wireless keypads

One of the Ricochet PIRs keeps triggering a supervision fault. The battery was only changed 6 months ago but I’ve changed it again and moved the PIR to be right next to the wireless keypad- it’s still triggering a supervision fault

Weirdly, I can see the sensor on the app and it’s providing a temperature reading, so it’s connecting to the mesh

The only change to the system has been moving one of the other Ricochet PIRs because of some building work. I’m guessing that affected the mesh network somehow

Kept me awake most of the night last night, so any help resolving this would be really appreciated!

Sponsored Links
And I suppose as an interim measure, is there a way of keeping it in engineer mode for a while to give me chance to sort this problem? Currently it automatically exits engineer mode if there’s been no activity for an hour or so

check you have the right PIR accounted for and re do the mesh network by placing system in commissioning mode.

Thanks. Would you delete & re-learn/commission every Ricochet device, or just the one I’m having problems with?

Sponsored Links
You don’t need to delete and relearn.

If the device is off the system re do the commissioning mode and see if things improve
It is worth tampering every device before doing the commissioning mode to see if the device is picked up by the panel.

Without see the signal security in ricochet monitor and the signal strength in Ricohet diagnostics it is difficult to be more specific.

Just because a device is near the wireless expander it doesn’t mean it will work better, there can be things you can’t see affecting it.

It’s possible that the device removed was being used to hop back to the panel for the device you say your having issues with.

However it’s also possible you think you have the right sensor when you don’t, seen it on a few remote jobs this year where things needed straightening out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back