Hmm.. What should I do with this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Bit of a novice I'm afraid, sorry to be bothering you.

I had a leak (well I drilled through a plastic mains pipe :LOL: ). I fixed the leak as you can see below, but now I have a hole to fix, which is in a visible area in the kitchen. I can't put a piece of plasterboard over the whole area because the pipe fitting is proud of the breeze block and comes level with the current plaster board :( .

Any ideas how I should go about fixing this? Is it a bit big to completely fill with plaster?

Thanks for any help guys.

Paul.

Sponsored Links
I would clip the pipe back secure to blockwork, then it maybe likely that you can dot'n'dab with 9.5mm board, if not then it may take a couple of application to bring out. I would personally fill-out with dry wall adhesive, this will offer the board a good bond where damaged, a second application when first is setting, level slightly recessed. Then you could either plaster finish or easifll.
Another option would be to use a one coat plaster, but again it may require a second application.
I would also consider wrapping the pipe's brass joint to protect from plaster products.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back