Plaster Everything Or Not

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Building an extension at the moment and have a plastering question. I am putting a kitchen into this extension and will soon be at a point where plasterboard will be in place.

The question i have is, as it is a fitted kitchen, should i get the electrics fitted (first fix) and then get the whole lot plastered or should I get the electrics fitted (first fix) and then ONLY plaster the bits that are going to be visible?

My worry is that i am going to get the positions of the sockets slightly wrong (shouldnt really happen but might) and then i will have to move/sort out.

What normally happens here?

Lee

Sponsored Links
i skim everything.
get someone with you when you measure out the positions of your sockets and switches etc. they may see things you don’t . end panels ,spacings for washing machine ,cooker etc.
moving electrics as you go is not really acceptable. everything should be bang on before you skim.

I mark up every unit and end panel on the wall, with a spirit level. Then it's fairly easy to work out where the sockets should go. Usually out 2 doubles where the kettle and toaster go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back