New Fitted Kitchen - Plaster Behind?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Really odd question here, i am in the process of building an extension that will house a kitchen. Obviously when the electrics are in and the plasterboard goes up there will be a requirement for plastering but the question is, should i get behind the units plastered?

The reason i ask is, if i have my measurements slightly wrong i would have to fix this and there and as the kitchen will be 6m x 6m there is quite a large scope for this to happen. I am not too worried about sockets behind units as these can be hidden reasonably well.

My concern is more about the sockets above the worktop as i would like them to be in the right place (if possible). Ultimately there will be a glass splashback on the two areas where there will be sockets so not too sure whether its worth plastering this bit?

Sponsored Links
Get the plastering done before installing worktops units etc, ideally after 1st fix plumbing, electrics.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back