new kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have splashback tiling (two layers over the years :eek: ) above my worktops. The kitchen is being replaced so I will be knocking off the tiles. I am assuming some of the plaster will come too exposing the bricks. As this will only be partial can I just replaster the area to the level of the remaining plaster or is it customary to knock off all the plaster and reboard the whole wall?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
If it's a plasterboarded wall, you will encounter damage to the board, how much? It can vary.
I would firstly remove the tiles, then make an evaluation from there. Sometimes you can get away with just small damaged areas that will repair but on occasions it may come down to removing the whole board/boards.
It depends how well your tiles are bonded and the way you remove the tiles.
It could be possible whilst you start removing tiles, that unavoidable excessive damage is being caused, then it would be quicker to rip the whole thing down in one go, tiles and boards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back