Repairing plaster for retiling

So you're saying the manufacturers have got it wrong,!!
I’m not interested in arguing with you matey.
In this instance the control of suction was the main concern. there’s enough key on the wall to skim to.

Sponsored Links
READ THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE CONTAINERS, I wouldn't trust any job you do!!

37AD5743-2321-4D22-AE6E-3B7B0ED796C1.jpeg

There you go. I can’t see the word wet anywhere. And it’s real pva plasterers pva just like real plasteters use. Not no nonsense sh!t like you jokers are talking about.

Sponsored Links
Go and read the internet, most plasterers would say the opposite to you,,, plaster onto DRY pva,, no chance.
wet ? where?
Not interested in ‘most plasterers’ .
I’ve been in the trade long enough to not have to worry about ‘most plasterers’

Splitting hairs with each other guys! Tacky being the operative word..we all know plaster slides all over wet pva...just use blue grit and be done with it. :whistle:

Tacky is wet, not dry!
It’s more dry than wet though.
And I also don’t see on the tub , Do not skim over dry pva.
That makes you completely wrong and me more likely to be right than wrong.(y)
Don’t mention it.

Thanks for all the responses!

So, to sum up - if I whack a 1:5 coat of PVA on and let it dry fully, then hit it with a 3:1 coat on the day I intend to plaster, let it go tacky and crack on, I won't go far wrong?

Thanks for all the responses!

So, to sum up - if I whack a 1:5 coat of PVA on and let it dry fully, then hit it with a 3:1 coat on the day I intend to plaster, let it go tacky and crack on, I won't go far wrong?
it’s not the way i’d do it but yes crack on.(y)

I was taught what it says on the tub in the picture , the reason you water the first coat down if its a porous surface is so that the water helps the pva to penetrate the porous surface and seal it the second coat would be the one the plaster sticks to known as the tacky coat , a none porouse surface will not need watering down so go straight on, thats how i was taught i also know some plasterers skim when the pva dries out it dosent say that on any of the tubs but in all fairness i cant see it being a problem as it do become tacky again when plaster is applied so to me its not much of an issue but i prefer the 2 coats

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back