Hob thermocouple

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What ho one and all,

I have an oven and gas hob from Ikea. Not exactly sure of the manufacturer, however, one of the hob thermocouple needs replacing.

The actual thermocouple (cable) is only around 150mm long but those I have found on the internet are all considerably longer at around 275mm.

Am I correct in assuming that a longer cable will not make any difference to the operation?

Thanks and toodle pip

Rex

Sponsored Links
What ho one and all,

Have 'sort of' solved the above question but there is now another issue.

It seems that all current thermocouples have the same end fitting (where it is in the flame) Even though the web site I purchased from says that it is compatible with my Ikea hob, it is in fact, not! It fits in the hole but I cannot insert the retaining clip.

The Ikea code is 301-560-09 / HGA4K, apparently made by Electrolux. Electrolux will not assist because I am not a gas engineer, so am hoping that someone on this forum can.

I have attached two images, the type that I recently purchased and does not fit and the current one that is flaky.

Would be really grateful for guidance towards a source of the Ikea style thermocouple.

Toodle pip and thanks

Rex

Attachments

• Espares Thermocouple.jpg
    Espares Thermocouple.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 291
  • Ikea hob thermocouple.jpg
    Ikea hob thermocouple.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 293
The reason why you are not offered any help, is because only gas safe registered engineers can work on gas appliances. These are the guys that can answer your question but wont. They pay a lot of money for their registration/license and have to resit their exams every 5 years.
Nothing personal mate
To partially answer your question
The thermocouple you want for your appliance has to be the thermocouple that the manufacturers fit. It is illegal to modify a gas appliance without an official mod from the manufacturer. Fitting a non manufacturer thermocouple would be classed as an unofficial mod
Gas is not DIY regardless of how much you think you know.

Sponsored Links
Put a picture on of the other end/s that attach to the gas tap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back