Hobby Project Switch

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I am looking for a momentary 2-pole 2-way switch with a central off position.

Not exactly a hobby, it is to operate the motorised tailgate lock in a car where the electronic control has failed, and there is no manual keyhole or lever inside or out.

A momentary + - across the two wires moves the mechanism to one position, and a momentary - + to the other.

So I am looking for a small switch that can be dash-mounted.

Many years ago such switches were used for electric radio aerials, but I think these have now disappeared.

Maplins has closed down.

Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
Ebay may be best, otherwise you will end up paying more postage than the actual switch, Rs was free delivery for a while, but now about a fiver for non account holders again

Local model shop if you have one.

Standard bit of kit for model railway point motors.
(More common in the return to center variant than the latching, but does what you want in either variant)

@leezer3
return to centre is what I want.

do you have a link for a model railway one?

@333rocky333
I looked on ebay but the switches do not seem to have enough terminals, and there is no circuit diagram

Sponsored Links
Thanks, that looks like it will do the job. Surprisingly expensive though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back