Hole In Bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I own a flat where the shower screen has fell off and put a hole (size of 5pence piece) in the bath.

I would like to avoid replacing the bath as it is between the wall and cupboard (very akward) and at the risk of damaging tiles.

Ive looked for repair kits online but these seem to be for "scratches and dents" not holes.

Can anyone suggest something

many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
1. You dont say what material the bath tub is made from.
2. Or where the the hole is in the bath.
3. Generally speaking, no, i wouldn't repair a hole in a tub - would you want to risk any kind of patch failing?
4. How come the screen "fell"?
5. Do you have an electric shower unit? And is that fixed securely?

Thanks for reply.

its an acrylic.

the screen was push the wrong way and fell off wall, so i was told anyway.

it does hav an electric shower so would like to get something in place even for couple of month just so they can get the use, wasnt going to run baths as such.

the hole is near bottom.

1. Change the bath.
2. This might involve a remodel of tub,tile and shower unit/type and screen(s) - that is, if you wanted to bite the bullet for a rental.
3. Dont shortcut or delay, you will only cause yourself further difficulties with your renters and your bathroom fabric.
4. Make certain that every fixture is firmly fixed - people slipping will often grab the shower unit or the screen - especially renters who practice hanky-panky in the shower.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back