Hole in chimney breast...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Don't know if this is the right sub-forum buy here goes.....typical Monday morning, head not in it and whilst outside on top of the garage I had a bit of a mishap! I was drilling a small hole about 10mm, from outside into the attic space. Anyway unbeknown to me at the time of drilling the drill bit took another path and has managed to go through the breast creating a small hole in the attic area! What's the best way to fix this, I'm assumin you get some kind of heat resistant filler? Feel free to move this as well if I'm in the wrong section!

Sponsored Links
4 sand 1 cement, pack it right in, job done.

Cheers for reply. Managed to scrounge a small drop off already mixed cement from bricky at other job and banged it on, like you said job done! Was only a tiny wee hole anyway but little stuff like that annoys me!

Sponsored Links
It only takes a tiny wee hole in your chimney to burn your house down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back