Hole in roof-what problems will I have?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I need some advice.
We've had a hole in our roof for a while now (we have a bucket under it), had a few companies try and fix it with no luck.

I was wondering, what kind of problems am I going to have the longer it goes on being there without being fixed?

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I need some advice.
We've had a hole in our roof for a while now (we have a bucket under it), had a few companies try and fix it with no luck.

I was wondering, what kind of problems am I going to have the longer it goes on being there without being fixed?
Well its not going to fix it self and it wont get any better ;) .Chances are what could have been a 50 quid job could end up tuning into a 500 quid job or worse.

I know that's why we've had two different companies out to fix it and neither can find the hole.
What damage are we looking at inside until it's fixed? I mean how is it going to be affecting the structure of the house etc? I suppose it depends where the hole is and no one can seem to locate it on the outside.

We've had new ridge tiles and some pointing done, but no one seems to stop the actual problem. One company said they'd come back to do something else but didn't. I can't remember any more than that and it's obvious that they were a pile of rubbish!

All I know is that the hole is quite near the top.
We can see daylight coming through some cracks....we're goin to check next time it rains, but to be honest, I don't understand why roofing companies can't find the bloomin hole! :LOL: :D

some pictures of roof might help then we could see where there might be a problem regards what damage might there be depends on how bad the leak is and where at

Sponsored Links
Ok, we'll try and get some pictures next time it rains if we can get a light up there.
Thanks everyone.

To be honest if you can see some light.. it does not mean it's a possible leak . It all depends on where your looking and the angle you look at it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back