Advice required on roofing repair? not happy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Just registered with this site as looking for similar advice as yourself. The leading came up on our house, badly laid as houses are only just over 2 years old.
Recently had water coming through the roof and building company ordered a roofer out as still under warranty finally came to fix it and left.

Only today when independant roofing company came out to fix neighbours and our leading on roof the roofer knocked and stated to me that he noticed I recently had problems with roof as he stated that the job to fix it was a mess and only temporary.

They had used mastic around the dorma and roof and this wont last as only temporary. Builder took pictures. How do I attach photos to show you? what do you think? :(

Sponsored Links
Sorted here you go:
Roof6.jpg

Roof5.jpg

Roof4.jpg

Roof3.jpg

Roof2.jpg

Roof1.jpg
[/img]

Who the hell did it? a work experience trainee? Send copies to the CEO of the building company and tell him you are sending copies to your insurance company and mortgage company and trading standards, and "Rogue traders".

Sponsored Links
CEO :?: is that something to do with mobile homes

Thanks for the advice. Emailed them to the building company and just awaiting reply back from them on Monday. That should be interesting, no doubt they will come up with some excuse. So angry! Just goes to show buying new houses certainly costs you more in the long run.

You e-mailed "us " taking the **** ....like goes on @ sites :eek: hope they don`t sue :oops: ...."Latent Defect" that`s a good one ....I`d like 1£ for every time I`ve heard that :LOL: .allegedly

I will play devils advocate..

What is wrong with it?

Has it solved the problem?

Granted, it may not look nice, but appearance is not a priority in that location.

Silicone has a life in excess of 20 years, so it may not be as temporary as it looks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back