Hole in Sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody help me, I have got a very small hole the size of a pin head in my stainless steel sink, is there any kind of filler that I can get to repair the hole. I do not want to have to get a new sink if I can help it. Thanks Val.

Sponsored Links
JB Weld might do the trick if you use a bit of glass fibre tissue with it.

http://jbweld.net/index.php

Do the repair from the underside of the sink.

I'd give the area to be patched a bit of a rub with some coarse emery paper then clean the area to be patched underneath the sink with some safety solvent.

Cut a small square of glass fibre tissue (get from halfords) from the mat and mix up the jbweld as per instructions, put a genorous amount of jbweld on the area to be patched press the fibre on to that area and 'massage it' so the weld permeates the fibre - allow 17 hours for the cure.

I'd recommend the slow cure JBweld (called JB weld as oppsed to JB quick) as it is a lighter grey colour that should not be noticeable from the inside of the sink - JBQuick is much darker grey.

Once dry you can take some fine emery cloth and very gently rub the area on the inside of the sink where the jb weld has been pushed up through the pinhead sized hole. if a mirror finish is required that area could then be polished using Autosol metal polish.

Thanks Chud for all that information you gave me, we will give it a try and see how we get on. Val.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back