Holes in brickwork

n27

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a had a prolem with flies getting into a light fitting in my bathroom. when i got up into the loft to clear the spotlight i noticed there was a large amount of dead flies in the loft next to the wall on the side of the house. There was a large amount of dust(like you would get when drilling into a wall) around and on top of some of the dead flies. After investigating there seems to be quite alot of gaps inbetween the breezeblocks in this part of the wall. i have been outside the house and there appears to be some holes in the pointing on the side of the house where i am having this problem. could the flies be getting in the main bricks and through the insulation and breezeblocks? and also what is causing the brick dust? the flies or could it be something else? could it be wind going through the holes in the pointing??

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back