Holiday Home Worcester Heat slave 9-24 problems

I rented the property through an agent.Having been in the property for two hours I contacted the agent and informed them that due to the problems with the boiler I was refusing to stay there and asked for alternative accommodation.This they refused to offer and I was left to trawl through the phone book to find somewhere for my family to stay.This took a considerable(2hours) time but I eventually found somewhere late on the day.This was incidentally a Saturday and at one point we were looking at driving for over an hour to find a hotel or sleep in the car!
The letting agent never found me anywhere to stay or offered me a refund of my booking.We eventually came home a few days later as we were unable to find any suitable accommodation.
There were also other problems with the property that do not fall within the scope of these forums.

Sponsored Links
most of us who are qualified to do so & who deal in breakdowns could repair this boiler. any necessary parts would be available.

most of us who are qualified to do so & who deal in breakdowns could repair this boiler. any necessary parts would be available.
The owner quoted his engineer who had stated that the boiler was irreparable.I would imagine this was the same person who completed the gas safety certificate.

that may well have been that engineers opinion. i really am in no position to disagree as i haven't seen the boiler in question, all i can do is generalise.

what difference does it make, either the boiler could be repaired or it would require replacement.

Sponsored Links
I like to think that I take a reasonable and detached view of all situations.

There are some apparently unusual aspects to the information provided.

You say that there were "other problems" with the let but dont say what, or if they were material to the let. I am left wondering if you are trying to make some excuse for leaving the property with the boiler as the cause.

I think you would be better citing safety issues rather than the slight inconvenience of a few minutes spent relighting it.

The normal expectation would be that you should give the landlord 24 hrs on weekdays to have the boiler fixed. In an emergency the boiler could be replaced within 24hrs !

You seem to be making a fuss about the boiler being "obselete". Of course its not! There are probably about 200,000 still in daily use. There are just a couple of parts which are not supplied any more by Worcester although they are available on the grey market.

I usually fix two or three every year.

Tony

I like to think that I take a reasonable and detached view of all situations.

There are some apparently unusual aspects to the information provided.

You say that there were "other problems" with the let but dont say what, or if they were material to the let. I am left wondering if you are trying to make some excuse for leaving the property with the boiler as the cause.

I think you would be better citing safety issues rather than the slight inconvenience of a few minutes spent relighting it.

The normal expectation would be that you should give the landlord 24 hrs on weekdays to have the boiler fixed. In an emergency the boiler could be replaced within 24hrs !

You seem to be making a fuss about the boiler being "obselete". Of course its not! There are probably about 200,000 still in daily use. There are just a couple of parts which are not supplied any more by Worcester although they are available on the grey market.

I usually fix two or three every year.

Tony

pretty much agree with that.

although, attended to within 24hrs sounds reasonable.

hypothetically if the boiler were to be found to need replacing, that would give rise to a lot of other questions.

there would probably be some delay in organising thjs.(how come spellchecker likes that ?)

& more importantly for the op, is the place suitable for rental ?

as i said, this is not really a question for us, just an interesting discussion point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back