Logic combi 24 - always on for central heating?

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi all,

I am a new tenant (and new in Ireland by the way) where a "Logic combi 24" boiler is installed, to provide both domestic hot water and central heating.

It is plugged on a "CTC eziprog 1" programmer.

When the programmer is "on", even when all the radiators of the apartment are switched off, the boiler stays in status "C" mode, which means:

The boiler has a call for central heating but the appliance has reached the desired
temperature set on the boiler.

And it looks like the boiler is continuously switched on, if because of the noise produced (more noise than in standby mode)

What I expect, is that when all the radiators are switched off, there is no "call for central heating" and the boiler should stay in status "0":

The boiler is in standby mode awaiting either a central heating call or hot water demand.

Am I wrong somewhere? I am just afraid of an abnormal behavior hence a huge gas consumption.

The manual of the boiler is available here:
https://www.bristol.gov.uk/document...iler.pdf/1dc39670-3bfa-4196-ac3b-cd2c0f24411c

Thank you for any help!

Sponsored Links
Turn the dial furthest right to the picture of only the HW tap not the setting with a radiator and a HW tap, and then the dial furthest left switch the pre heat to off and that should solve your problem

Turn the programmer to off. The programmer only controls the radiators. Hot water is independent of the programmer.

This is exactly the information I was looking for, thank you so much!

Sponsored Links
The C also stays on for up to 6 minutes after programmer turned off until the pump and fan overrun have switched off.
Then it turns to 0

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back