Home Brew Beer Kits

Sponsored Links
Oh yes, see no harm as long as we admit they are toys, it is when some one thinks if they have a meter viewed with a computer they will use less power, or make better beer.

OK to start with it may help, I would measure the s.g. every day when I started, but got to realise it was same patten every brew, same charging car battery, and others, some times you do have a surprise, sky box monitors the electronic program guide and if timing moved for program you want to record it auto adjusts record time, as a result it does not use one watt on stand-by but more like 15 watt to power LNB. But 15 watt is nothing really.

Sponsored Links
I 'go' for anything which makes life easier than continual repetition, providing it's not too expensive and adds to my control. I found it a faff using a floating hydrometer, taking samples, the risk of infection and they are not easy to read. I was tied to using an external website to review the data from the iSpindel, so I have been looking at self contained solutions to avoid my data going beyond my own LAN and not be dependent. I found Rasberrypi based gadgets, but they were over the top at £40. This gadget does all that I wanted for around a much more affordable £8.

Back