Wireless alarm recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies in this is common request, but i'm after a bit of advice for a wireless home alarm system.

I've done a fair bit of reading/research and decided on either a Pyronix Enforcer V10 or a Texecom Premier Elite system. Both systems seem to offer what I want, the starter kits seem pretty good and would only need to purchase a few extra bits to get me up and running with either.

Main requirements are for a system with 3/4 PIRs, 1/2 door contacts, bell, control box, keypad etc...

My main concerns around the systems are, Pyronix:

- The keypad is on the control box, I think I would prefer a seperate keypad so I can have the control box hidden away

Texecom:

- I can't work out what I would need to have external alerts (sms, phone etc...) when the alarm sounds

I interested in knowing which of the two is easier to setup, more flexible etc... Having read the installation manuals, the Texecom looks easier to setup via the Wintex software, whilst the Pyronix looks easier to setup overall.

Any help/comments appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Any particular reason? The Texecom stuff didn't seem that difficult on the face of it.

You can have additional keypad with enforcer range.
Control panel comes with WiFi card as standard.
Texecom equipment you will need smartcom to connect to cloud at additional cost.
Texecom sms text is via a Tap service.vodafone tap service is closing down and you would require an other tap service

Sponsored Links
Is the Texecom kit supposed to come with screws for wall mounting?

I was looking at a kit at a supplier and the PIRs seem to come with stickers to mount them to the wall (there don't appear to be holes in the cases, unless you drill through them yourself)

...... well drill them yourself then it's what the professional installers have to do, it's not difficult

I was intending to, I was just a bit surprised at having to drill through gaps in a PCB to make holes.

Sorry, I should have said about removing the PCB, but I thought that was obvious.:rolleyes:

Lol, not my finest hour. I'm not normally this thick, honest. :whistle:

My initial instinct was that I'd had to remove the PCB, I just didn't want to risk breaking anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back