Recommendation for basic wired alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my last two houses I installed the venerable Scantronic 9448, which was a pretty straightforward task.

In the new house I'm looking for something that supports proximity tags for ease of use. A wireless fob would be nice, but not necessary.

So far I've narrowed it down to:
  • Scantronic 9651-EN43
  • Pyronix Euro Mini
  • Texecom Premier Elite 24
Is there any other option I should look at? So far as I can tell, the Honeywell keypads don't have built in RFID and I don't want to have to fit an extra box just for prox tags.

Of the systems I've listed, is one a standout choice? I like the usefulness of Wintex for the Texecom panel but there's complexity there that I don't need. The Texecom's shiny keypad looks good, and the blue theme of the Pyronix is nicer than the grey-green LCD of the Scantronic, but I don't want to just go with cosmetics. Is one better than the others for ease of use, reliability, simplicity, etc?

Sponsored Links
Euromini ....for diy ...
Premier not really for diy
Scantronic ...ok but too expensive for what it is ...no better than Euromini

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back