Is my wish list for a new alarm sensible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to bite the bullet and buy my new alarm.

I need a hybrid as I cannot do wired contacts on front and rear doors.

Here are my thoughts...

Scantronic 9751EN-40 8 to 24 Zone with 9943 rkp with prox

1 X extra Scantronic 9943En LCD Remote Keypad with Proximity Tag for upper floor part setting at night.

RFX range PD6662 Radio External Expansion Module. this will allow expansion later for garden workshop and garage.

2 X wireless door contact modules.

PIRS (quad detectors + possibly 1 Dual Tech for the kitchen)

Hall and kitchen will have PIR in addition to the contacts on doors.

I have one question about the Prox readers in the RKP's. Can you part set with a prox tag? I want to part set the system at night as well as full set from the same prox tag during the day if possible.

If not then cheaper RKP's will suffice.

Haven't settled on a Bellbox yet. Are some better than others with the Scantronic panels?

Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. It looks like a nice Bellbox, just a pity they only offer screen printing for 100+ boxes. I'd like to get my own logo on it or at least something that looks professional.

The main thing is that the components I select are all compatible and that I get an installation manual with the system.

Sponsored Links
Further to my last post to which I received a useful reply can anyone tell me if a Prox Tag can set and part set the same system?

If I have one prox tag and two keypads can I part set the system at night from the upstairs RKP and full set at other times by using the same Prox tag with the downstairs RKP?

Further to my last post to which I received a useful reply can anyone tell me if a Prox Tag can set and part set the same system?

If I have one prox tag and two keypads can I part set the system at night from the upstairs RKP and full set at other times by using the same Prox tag with the downstairs RKP?

Yes,

present tag press B (night - Bedtime setting), or present tag press A (or tick) for All on..

You just have to programme what zones are disabled when night set.

Hope this is right, its been a while haha.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back