Adding additional separate zone in garage and another RKP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Chaps,

I've got a scantronic 9751 panel with 1 rkp.

I would like to alarm up an garage that is not attached to the property and would like to know how to go about doing so.

I would like a second rkp in the garage so that it can be set independently from the main house alarm. The alarm in the garage will just have a door contact.

If I run a cable from the garage to the panel, how do I wire it up? Does it wire straight into the keypad connection points, or is it best to do it in series? Or even parallel if possible?

In terms of programming the additional zone, will there be any problems? I have part set on C which I never use. If i take the zones off these and put the garage contact on this, would this be sufficient?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Add another keypad, on the bus line an expander. Then add a contact and a dual tech. Do you want a sounder in there also?

Hi Workers,

Come to think of it, yes I'd like to add an internal sounder to scare them off.

Where does this go on the panel? Why dual tech and not a normal pir? are they better in garage situations?

Cheers.

I meant a sounder in the garage, it will run from the expander as welll as the keypad.
A DT is less prone to false alarms and although a "Quad" pir would probably suffice a DT is what any professional would use.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Workers,

Cool will go for the DT.

Another quick question.

I've decided that rather to just install a key RKP and mess around with the wiring in the existing panel, that I'd be better off having a new independent panel in the garage.

the 9941 rkp cost £40, but a 9951 + 9941 RKP cost £60, so not much difference and then the two systems will be independent.

However I would like to connect this panel up for the SD1+ speech dialer.

Is it possible to have to panels linked up to one speech dialer?

Yes, is the basic answer.
Common the negatives from each panel to the dialler. But only one positive.
Then use input 1 for the house and record the message for that.
Then use input 2 for the garage and record the message for that.

Using a output from each panel, job done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back