Texecom RKP zones just not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I have a Texecom Premier 24 panel that i put in a few years ago and am now adding a second wired RKP for the garage - with a Premier PIR and a CQR 517 magnetic door contact to install.

Can anyone advise how to wire these into the RKP's zones to pass through? I just can't get them working - the resistance for the whole extension zones at the panel just jumps up and down constantly or sits at >100K when I try it.

For the PIR, I have put in the resistors and wired up correctly (tested directly on the panel), but just can't work out how to get the passthrough working from the RKP's zones (they're allocated in Wintex to zones on the panel.)

I have tried various combos of the connections, but just can't get it working! Can anyone help?

• PIR - wired (hopefully correct, works when directly connected to actual alarm panel)
  • RKP board - (just to indicate the A and T connections - power would obviously be connected... Is this correct? I even tried double pole, but it didnt work)
  • Wintex - (zones 1-8 are rest of house... Zones 9 - 16 are expander panel, with Zones 9 and 13 are when the PIR and door contact are wired directly to alarm panel, so we know they work)
Hope the images help
Thanks so much in advance!

PIR.jpg

RKP.jpg

wintex.jpg

Sponsored Links
try closing the tamper spring?
if no difference, then you will find the resistor selection isn't correctly shorted

I would take out the physical resistors out and use the built in ones by shorting out the correct pins?

Last edited:
Thanks @secureiam - Unit all closed up as if fully operational when testing... (pic was just to show wiring).
Jumpers - wow - always wondered why i was doubling up - thats how i was told to do it by friend that did his! Now corrected, but original issue remains that when plugged through the RKP's zone, the restistance is jumping all over the place. Wintex shows me when the PIR is active, but the resitance sets off the tamper. When wired in directly to the alarm panel, its stable (as wintex pic in orginal post).

Short video to show the jumping resistance here:

Any ideas?

Thanks again for all input!

Last edited:
if you look on the wintex online keypad in engineer utilities how does it look for that zone.

which keypad address is the device on
is the keyboard zone mapped
what zone is it mapped to
how is the zone programmed all the way through
what panel are you using
what power is at the keypad
what power is getting to the PIR

Sponsored Links
Thanks @secureiam

Do you mean this for the wintext keypad?:
Online keypad.jpg

which keypad address is the device on: RKP 2
is the keyboard zone mapped: Yes
what zone is it mapped to: Zone 9 (sorry - stupid thing to omit from last post!)
how is the zone programmed all the way through (have mapped it to zone 9 on the main alarm panel, with nothing actually wired in to the main panel zones themselves)
what panel are you using - Panel is Premier Elite 24, RKP is Premier:
RKP2.jpg

what power is at the keypad: around 14.1v (seems to go up and down around 14-17v - shouldnt this be a steady c12v? Main alarm panel is showing 13.7v).
what power is getting to the PIR: around 14.1v too

I've just tried wiring it into the main panel again (into Zone 12), just to check it (leaving power from the RKP) and it works perfectly...
main panel resistance.jpg

do you have any expanders on the systems?

just I see zone resistance on zone 12, if that's the case map the zone to 24, the last zone on the system

yes the online keypad makes it easier to deal with if your messing around with the physical one

voltage is good, I be worried if it was below 11 and it be falling apart at 9/10.

so you have an 8XE? so that means you shouldn't map keypad zones to 9 to 16 as it will try and read both and it wont be happy.

Amazing! Thats resolved it!! You genius, thank you so much!
My zone 1 is mapped through RKP 1 and never had an issue, so i was just replicating that setup with RKP 2, but as you say, this time through an 8XE. You've saved me many more frustrated hours!
Thank you again for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back