Texecom and prox reader - which panel?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to buy a Texecom system but want to add 2 X RKP's with proximity readers.

I can't seem to find which panels support RKP's with prox :confused:

Is it possible to buy a Texecom panel with 1 prox RKP and add another? Most I have seen advertised include a standard one only?

I just need an 8 zone panel for a standard 4 bed house, so not wanting to go too mad on price.

Grateful of any advice.

Sponsored Links
I just love these systems with Prox readers.

Where do you keep the tag, that's right, on your key ring.

Loose your keys & purse/wallet etc with your address inside, what happens next?

Been to many systems to make adjustments to get rid of the Prox systems & revert to a Keypad using just numbers.

Loose your keys etc then what happens, entry with the key but the alarm will activate.

I suggest 'Prox(y) tags will be gone in 5 yrs

how many people loose keys???
if i loose mine i can't use any of my cars, enter house/shed/garage/office, connect to work vpn, disarm three work site alarms

for texe prox i expect you will need a premier panel, i've got a 24 with 1 keypad and 2 dumb readers

I'm aware of the risk in losing the keys and tags.

SteNova I am somewhat naive as far as alarms go. If I wanted to part set the alarm from upstairs in the house would a dumb reader do that instead of requiring to fit a full RKP?

Do dumb prox readers simply connect like an RKP?

On the other hand I might want to have the PA facility upstairs too if my other half is at home and someone breaks in.

Sponsored Links
i have 1 rkp upstairs for the part night set (you prox it then select one of the part sets), dumb readers by front and rear door for full set

the dumbs are the 4 wire network same as the rkp's

It sounds like you simply like playing with gadgets. It's harmless I suppose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back