Galaxy G18 Alarm Supports Prox Reader Help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Galaxy G18 V2.31 ADT firmware and a CP038 keypad which has a Prox reader built into it. Does this panel support prox keys for setting/unsetting. I cannot seem to find a way of programming the prox keys. Any expert out there?

Thanks,
Gerry

Sponsored Links
The prox support was added in version 1.18, so your panel should support it. In diagnostics menu 61, ensure that the max reader is showing. Each CP038 keypad incorporates a keypad device and max reader device. The tags are programmed in the user menu 42.1.X.07 where X is the user number.

Hi Galaxy Guy,

Yeah I checked diagnostics as you suggest I only get 4 options

1=MEMORY TEST
2=KEYPAD COMMS
3=RIO COMS
4=PSU COMMS

I can only get to menu 42 through the engineer code. When I enter the manager code (default 1234) I only see what I think is a short menu. When I go to 8 CODES, I only get one option 1=USer Codes, I go into there I only get 18 users (I guess that's where the G18 comes from) with 18 being the manager code. If I set a code, I only get 5 options 1=Modify PIN, 2=Modify Level, 3=Modify Name, 4=Time Zone, 5=Temp Code, I have looked at all the settings, I just can't seem to make it work, so it seems like it's just not supported. The panel is obviously very old 2001 circa, so I suppose it's not really a surprise

I am sorry if I am being dumb, I have never used a Galaxy before so I cannot really tell what I am doing right/wrong.

Gerry

1234 must be a user code. The default manager code is 12345.

Sponsored Links
Hi GalaxyGuy

No, I checked that, I have reset the Manager code at slot 18, it was set to 1234 now set to 1111, it's the same. I can only conclude the panel is too old, I am going to try to get a newer panel, something like a G3-520, this panel is clearly very old, almost 20 years old so probably flogging a dead horse.

Thanks for your help though, appreciate it.

Gerry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back