Pyronix Prox Reader - Occasional tone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, just wondered if anyone had come across this.

We have inherited an alarm system in our new house and are pretty close to having it programmed the way we want it. The alarm is an Accord XPC for which I have the manual. What I can’t find info on is the attached prox reader (used with key tags to set and unset.

According to its label it’s a Pyronix Prox-5A (maybe SA?) and looks like this:

image.jpg

And the inside label:
B25981B9-8444-4EB3-BDE1-67D8CA8CF0E5.jpeg

Every now and again it will emit a short beep, then a slight pause, then a high-low beep. Hard to explain, but it’s definitely a “something failed” or “something’s wrong” tone, and is coupled with a red LED in the top right corner. Normally only the green LED in the image is lit as shown.

Pyronix website shows a very similar EURO Prox-E model, but their manuals are only available to installers so i can’t find any info on what this might mean.

Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
Could be a power/ power fault issue , remove the + and reconnect .....does it make the same noise on power up ?
Also does the reader work ? As it would probably be wired to a zone set as keyswitch !

Sorry, late reply! Yeah it does work, it's wired into a zone as a keyswitch as you say. We have the tags for it and they can set and unset the alarm. None of them are marked as being the master tag unfortunately which from what I've read is important for reprogramming!

As you say it does sound like some sort of fault warning, whether power or interference perhaps.

I been programming some other elements of the alarm so will give it some time to see if it does it again, and if so will try disconnecting the power. The screw-down connectors are nice and tight, though. We've had the power off to the alarm as a whole already, but haven't tried disconnecting just the prox yet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back