Pyronix Castle Euro 46 - "Active Faults"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I've just fitted a Pyronix Castle Euro to our new property, everything is working fine (at least appears to) however It's doing one thing that has left me a bit stumped.

When setting the Alarm (either with Code or Prox tag) it says "Active Faults" and the Red (Alarm) LED lights up. It doesn't give me any indication what the fault might be.
When I then enter in the engineers code it says "Alarm Silenced", again gives me no idea as to what started the "alarm". There's no sound from Keypad or Sirens etc and sits there quite happily with no fault lights or anything, no sign of any so called alarm that I have supposedly silenced! It's only when I present my Tag to set it that it says there is a fault.

The system itself works perfectly I have walk tested all devices and tested Sirens. Checked tamper springs on bell boxes. It's a Hybrid so I've got a ZEM with Wireless door contacts, signal strength and battery good on those too. I've opened up the panel and double checked all my wiring and I'm confident nothing is wrong in there, I personally think it's something to do with how I've programmed it?
The system arms without issue if I just press the "Yes" key after it tells me there is a fault, and I'm having no false alarms.

I'm hoping someone has an idea as to what the issue could be?
Really appreciate any help.

Sponsored Links
Go into engineer diagnostics and check device's
Have you programmed any devices you walk through as access and not intruder?

Is there a chance you have deleted the zone text? This would explain the absent text.

There was an issue years ago where these panels would say “active faults” but give no discription. Only way to clear was to power the panel down then up again.

Go into panel logs and have a look there, when you get to the tamper press c for more information on it.

Sponsored Links
Go into engineer diagnostics and check device's
Have you programmed any devices you walk through as access and not intruder?

When I enter I've got a door contact set to "Final Exit" and a PIR in the downstairs hall which picks me up set to "Entry Route", does this sound OK? The rest of PIR's are set to Intruder.

Is there a chance you have deleted the zone text? This would explain the absent text.

There was an issue years ago where these panels would say “active faults” but give no discription. Only way to clear was to power the panel down then up again.

Just checked, all zones named. That's an idea, I will try restarting the panel then and see if this clears the fault.

Go into panel logs and have a look there, when you get to the tamper press c for more information on it.

thanks, this is it though, In the Logs it doesn't list any tampers or anything out of the ordinary, It Logs "Alarm Silenced" which is when I present the fob to start Exit timer. Even though there was no so called "alarm" to be silenced (n)

Does sound a strange one, have you tried setting the alarm with another code (master manager code) all I can think is maybe the tag user is setup to set a area that doesn't exist but not sure. But it usually would log an alarm.

Does sound a strange one, have you tried setting the alarm with another code (master manager code) all I can think is maybe the tag user is setup to set a area that doesn't exist but not sure. But it usually would log an alarm.

yes I've tried setting it with different tags and also the codes too.

One thing I forgot to mention is that if I go into Engineers menu and then exit out of it before trying to set the alarm, it works fine first time? (n)
When you exit out of Engineers menu it says "Checking System" Etc. No faults come up there so surely if something was wrong with a device or tamper etc then it would say? Gonna have another play with it tomorrow and check out the things you guys have suggested

Last edited:
It does allow me to set the alarm with the tags though. If I just press the "yes" button when it says "Active faults" then it will set. Would it allow this if the tag user was set up wrong?

What area lights are lit up when you set the alarm? it sounds like a programing problem to do with some sort of zone/areas/users issue.

What area lights are lit up when you set the alarm? it sounds like a programing problem to do with some sort of zone/areas/users issue.
Area A , which I think means full set?

Last edited:
yes I've tried setting it with different tags and also the codes too.

One thing I forgot to mention is that if I go into Engineers menu and then exit out of it before trying to set the alarm, it works fine first time? (n)
When you exit out of Engineers menu it says "Checking System" Etc. No faults come up there so surely if something was wrong with a device or tamper etc then it would say? Gonna have another play with it tomorrow and check out the things you guys have suggested
So when you have come out of engineers it will set without any faults first time but after you have unset it and then try again its then you get the fault?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back