Castle EURO 46 WD Fault and completely disabling system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Would appreciate some advice or pointers please.
I have Pyronix (?) Castle EURO 46 alarm. Already fitted in a property I moved into few years back. Being used standalone, no monitoring or maintenance contract with service company. Panel and keypad date from 2013 (install date on panel) but I think the sensors around the house are older - the wires have been painted over a few times, PIR plastic is yellowing, wires where exposed look like the sheath is deteriorating.

Looking to renovate (at least re-wire) house in the new year so had provisionally planned to get service company out to completely disable the system while work is going on - I have been thinking about a replacement system. The service company haven't been too on the ball or friendly when I've needed repairs in the past so this a good chance to start from scratch. I don't know the engineer code so calling out company as a one off.

But few days got fault on the panel - 'Active Fault - Control Panel WD Fault'.

I cant find any info this error at all. I think it refers to a Wireless Device ? but I'm certain there isnt one. The PIRs and contacts are listed on the panel.

So it puts me in a position where I have a duff alarm as it wont set with the active fault. But the service company cant send anyone out until the early next year.

So basically - my questions are can anyone provide any info around the fault I am getting and can it be reset ? And what are my options for alternate engineer ? Can I get the engineer code from Pyronix/Castle or the service company for an independent engineer to come and resolve fault and/or disable the system ?

Thanks in advance !

Sponsored Links
As below

Attachments

• 4D4A2DA5-5AC4-4B9B-AAAF-C241744FB582.png
    4D4A2DA5-5AC4-4B9B-AAAF-C241744FB582.png
    320.2 KB · Views: 603

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back