Castle Care / Pyronix Euro 46

Sponsored Links
The alarm company who visited the other day rang me back today.

I had asked them for two separate prices... the first would be the price for getting my full access to the alarm system back (this is what the previous owner would pay) and the second would be the price for enabling wireless and having an additional PIR located in the garage.

They've come back and said it's £330.

I asked what that covered and they said "everything", so I asked what the split was, so I could pass the cost of re-enabling my system to the previous owner and they said they'd not done that and would call me back!

I very clearly asked them for the cost to be split out and I detailed the reason why I wanted this. I can't understand why they've not bothered. Confidence is dented.

If there is a way of "defaulting" this system I am going to be very pleased.

Sponsored Links
Apologies... I was also told I need "software version 9.3" to enable wireless. So it looks like that is part of the overall cost, as opposed to actual hardware.

I was curious... how do they know what software version I have now? They have spent exactly zero amount of time looking at it. I'm nonplussed by all this. :confused:

Not sure on castle but the texecom premier you press menu 4 for panel and software version.

I asked the company how the overall job of 1) the panel replacement and 2) the addition of a wireless PIR is split out... they tell me the £330 is split out at £165 each.

Convenient.

I said I was learning a little more about these systems and there might be a chance that it could be defaulted without the panel having to be replaced and asked if that was worth a try. They've told me that it can't be defaulted.

I asked if extra hardware was required to enable the addition of a wireless PIR (I had expected the Pyronix Euro ZEM 32 would be needed) but I am told that all is required is the software upgrade to version 9.3.

Does this all sound correct? Does a Euro 46 come with wireless capability built-in if its software is updated to 9.3 and is the Pyronix Euro ZEM 32 only for expanding the number of wireless components the system can handle? While I absolutely realise software can be expensive... I was expecting the system to require some hardware component to enable wireless functionality... my expectations might be just way off base.

I'm not getting a good feeling about this company. They did say it is not a panel that they usually fit, which (pun intended) rang alarm bells with me.

Hi Martin,

They probably havent spoken to the manufacturer, I am not familiar with this panel.

Theres lots of panels out there and its impossible to be fully converstant with every single panel on the market now, never mind all the panels that are now obsolete.

Ah, yes... I get it. I thought the panel I had was a "big player" but I guess people will have their go-to panels of choice.

For the PIR I want installing in the garage I think I will need one of either Pyronix Enforcer KX12DQ Wireless PIR or Pyronix Enforcer KX12DT Wireless Dualtech PIR - does anyone know what the Dualtech is all about? Is it needed?

Is Dualtech just the addition of microwave as well as infra-red in the same little package? Why might I want that? Sorry for the dumb questions, it's all new to me.

Dual techs are less likely to flase alarm as they have two different methods of detection.

Dualtechs are often used in areas where false alarms may be high.

The only reference I can find is in the programming manual, Press B and No to scroll to software revision then press yes, whther you need to be in engineering is unclear, but not familiar with these units. Worth a shot either not logged in or logged in under the user.

Pressing "B" on the keypad doesn't do anything I'm afraid.

Pressing "D" and the User PIN certainly gives me the menu to scroll through, but there's nothing about "software revision".

This forum, and the responders to this thread, have been a great help to me.

From being told it was impossible to default the system and then being told I needed to spend £165 on a new panel I was given the hope that a default could actually be done by forum members.

I've just had this confirmed by Pyronix themselves...

Dear Sir,

It is possible to change the Master Code on a Euro 46 Panel if it is lost but to do this you would need the Engineer Code to access the Engineer Menus.

If the Engineer Code is also not available then you would need an engineer on site and we can talk him through a method of retrieving access to the Engineer Menu's.

For obvious security reasons we would need to verify that a legitimate engineer is on site before we could divulge this information.

This is exactly what you guys had said, but it is brilliant for me to get this confirmed by the Manufacturer (as opposed to "some dudes on the Internet") as you can appreciate, for my conversation with the company I've been working with up to now. A company that I have lost a little faith in, if I'm honest.

I think sparkymarka should still expect a PM from me shortly... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back