Texecom keypad firmware revisions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have purchased a Premier elite 24 panel (as recommended on here) and will be installing it next weekend in my new house.

One question i have is regarding the firmware revisions.....i want to make sure its all compatible. The panel is version 3.02 which i understand is the latest?

I have purchased 2 RKP's because i will have a main entrance one and one upstairs on the landing. DBC-0001 is the prox reader one for the main entrance and upstairs i will have a DBA-0001 standard rkp.

The hardware revision on the DBC is 3 and on the DBA is revision 2. Both are firmware 10.100.

Can anyone confirm if all this will be compatible please?

Also managed to get the commusb cable so hopefully the programming will be easier.

Regards

Sponsored Links
Set the upstairs keypad as quick part and you can set the upstairs by just pressing the part button without entering code number

Sponsored Links
Cheers mate.

Ive been reading the engineers manual to get my head around the programming side of it as ive previously only done a few Accenta G4 panels and those are really easy.

The plan is basically for the upstairs keypad to be on the landing for night use, so i can quickly part set the system but omit the upstairs landing PIR. The main entrance keypad i want as the prox reader as i will be programming a tag so i can leave that with family member for when im away and they need to get in the property (they'l not remember a code). Sound like a feasible idea?

Also, one question. I have bought PIR's and Mags that have jumpers in them to select the resistances so i can use EOL wiring yet not need to fit the fiddley resistors myself. Ive had a quick look at the wintex software and in the zones tab for each device what would i select from the drop down box.......Double pole/EOL or one of the resistance values i.e 2K2/4K7?

Regards

You can leave it as default double pole/EOL this will be 2k2/4k7
IF you are upgrading from another panel you can change this resistor value to suit the old panel so you do not need to change the resistors in each device

Ahhh right, just got to that bit in the manual. Now you pointed that out i can see the function of selecting the different resistor values now and how it could come in handy.

Hope the install goes ok
If you have any issues just post your problem or question and there are plenty of engineers on this site which will help or solve your query
Good luck

Thanks handymanjo

Am looking forward to having a go at it, the connecting up looks easy, its the programming that looks very indepth but ive printed the manual off instead of the CD version so ill just be methodical and go step by step.

Hopefully all go smoothly.

Thanks again

My advice is don't over think things.

on the keypad change the position of dipswitch 2 only on one of the keypads.

at default zone 1 is e/e, 2 guard access (walk through zone) and rest are guard to zone 8 rest are not used at default and already said wiring is double pole eol for 2k2 eol and 4k7 alarm resistor unless using AMDT's which triple eol.

the arming mode is set to e/e which means the system doesnt arm until door has gone open then closed after starting the exit.

if setting part set fro up stairs may want it to be instant (area programming, area options).

as said before theres plenty on here that can help with the systems, once you have a working system, make a copy with wintex and save that, then generate a working copy, so worst case you can always go back to a working system.

Good post secure mate, cheers.

Ill try keep it simple, i understand most of the terminology and how i'll set the zones up, im sure it'l just be the odd programming bit that see's me diving for the (considerable) manual.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back