Texecom Veritas R8 issues

No, the entire panel does not respond to any key presses other than the reset key. Which, when pressed will emit a low beep once and that's it.

Sponsored Links
when the panel veritas panels boot up it starts the setting process.

any zone that is active will show on the keypad.

so system needs to be disarmed.
You would enter the User code (default 4321) and the the unset light should be on.
It is possible that the system has been defaulted so if your user code hasnt worked then try the default code.
It is possible that the keypad ribbon isn't properly inserted into the connector block.

Open the keypad and check and push in the ribbon.

Sponsored Links
Ribbon cable has been fully reseated to check the connection

I can't press any buttons on the keypad when the system starts as it does not respond.

I have an engineer coming to take a look tomorrow and will post my results here in case others get similar issues

How do you mean doesn't respond?

The keypad can only not respond if there is an issue with the keypad, panel, cabling or wrong codes entered.
Have you tried the keypad on a short piece of cable?

Have you tried your user code once the system starts beeping?
Have you tried the default code once the panel starts beeping if your code didnt work?

Keypad didn't respond on address #1. Changed to address #2 via DIP switches - fully working
Door contact swapped out with a new (more robust one)

Powered the system back up and reset using the keypad button to factory settings. Now all working as expected

Hmmm you have any other keypads on there if not how was the dips set for address one.

As keypad address only causes an issue if more than one keypad on system or not set correctly in the keypads.

Veritas 8 and 8C with built in keypads used to be address 0 so keypads could be added addresses 1 to 6.

Glad it’s working but address 1 should work if no other keypads on system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back