Can I mute Veritas R8 Remote Keypad (RKP)?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just installed a Texecom Veritas R8 with its keypad mounted close to the panel. The exit/entry beeps come from both the RKP and the panel, slightly out of sync, which I find a bit irritating. Is there a setting to silence the RKP?

Sponsored Links
Thanks sparkymarka. That would certainly silence the RKP! I was hoping there was a setting I could change so I didn't lose keypress beeps as well.

I suppose I could just turn down the panel volume, but does that mean it wouldn't sound the internal high level tone if an alarm is triggered?

Stick some tape or blue tak over the keypad sounder , it will lower the keypad sounder volume ...and make the double sound less noticeable...

Sponsored Links
I have had time to tinker about with it this weekend. Blu Tack on the keypad sounder didn't make much difference, tbh. However, the good news is that I can mute the entry/exit beeps from the control panel using the volume control on the circuit board, without affecting the volume of the high level internal alarm tone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back