Veritas 8 Remote Keypad not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Happy new year to everyone,

I have recently moved to a house with a Veritas 8 alarm, with one remote keypad (RKP) installed and properly working. For some reason (I do not mention for security issues) the cables of the RKP were cut and reconnected, while the alarm was unset but with the power on. Since then, the RKP is not working, i.e., it has power (the number lights are on) but when I press anything (e.g. my code, or PROG.), nothing happens, all the zone lights are off, and no tone sounds. The main alarm panel is working properly.

I tried to reconfigure the RKP from the main unit, following the manual. From the programming menu, I entered 09, no zone number was on, and then I pressed PROG. with nothing happening.

I think that two are the possible faults. Either the RKP needs reconfiguring with a way that I don't follow properly, or the cut wires are not connected correctly, which I really don't believe.

Please help.

George

Sponsored Links
Switch your keypads round. If the fault follows the one that isn't working then it's fooked.

Thanks for your quick response mdf290 and joe-90!

I am a new DIY in alarm systems, and I don't know were these fuses are located ... I think you mean in the main unit, so I unscrew the unit, and I find the small fuses there?

WILL THE ALARM GOING TO SOUND WHEN I UNSCREW THE MAIN UNIT???

Sponsored Links
Yes it will. Can't see it being a fuse if you have LEDs lit up.

No, the LEDs are off. Only the keypad backlight is on (I mean the green backlight for the numerics).

1) So how am I going to silent the alarm when I unscrew the main unit? Will I be able to give my passcode when the cap is away? Or will it sound until I screw it again and then give my passcode?

2) Isn't there any possibility to just reconfigure the remote keypad with some command like the 09 command from the PROG. menu? I am asking, because the manual says that if the installation of the RKP is done with the power on, then one should follow the 09 command.

The RKP's are configured automatically when the panel is powered up.

You may need to check the fuse in the the main panel (F4), then power the panel down (remove both the mains and battery).

Wait for a few moments and the apply the power again, battery first and then mains, then reconfigure as you have all ready tried (if required).

Thanks SandyLyon,

One last (silly) question before I try it:

How will I remove the mains and battery, removing the fuses F5 and F1, respectively, or disconnecting the AC and battery cables. First I disconnect the mains and then the battery, right?

I suppose that the mains stands for the AC power supply, correct?

Sorry if you find my questions silly, but I am really new in the field ...

If the panel has been installed correctley there should be a Fused Spur close to the main panel. by removing the fuse or flicking the switch should isolate the mains supply (240 v AC) remove the front panel, always a good idea to check at the AC connection on the board that there is no AC present.
Remove a battery fly lead and thats it. No need to remove any fuses on the board, other than to check that they are ok

He wouldn't have the backlight if there were no power.

SandyLyon, you are a breath of fresh air to this forum.

I wish you well.

Chain Daisy.

Today I tried it. Thank you all for your help!!! Everything works fine now.

The fuses were all ok. The system just needed to be unplugged for a couple of seconds (both from ac and from battery) and then reconnected to battery and ac. The configuration was done automatically, as mentioned earlier correctly by SandyLyon.

Just one minor question: is there a way to set/change the time from the moment I enter the house until the time the alarm sounds, i.e. the available time to enter the passcode? This time is now about 4-5 seconds, and I would like to make it 10 seconds.

Thanks again all of you for your answers!

If you have the Installation manual the programing instructions are in there on page 20, Timer setting on page 30, you will also need the engineers code.

If you haven't got the manual I can run through the detail for you,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back