Veritas Panel and remote Keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Veritas 8 Panel with one remote keypad. Decided to change keypad as numbers etc have worn away over the years [its been in since 1999].

The only slight problem is that there is no audible sound from the keypad when setting the alarm, just have to check with LED's that it has actually set.

I have trawled through the forum but the only reference I can is for marrying up an existing keypad to a new panel not the other way round.

This entails Entering Programme Code> press Prog>enter 00>press 8>press Prog>press reset will this work in my situation?

Thank you for reading this and any help or assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You could have opted to replace the keypad buttons several sellers on ebay selling new buttons.

However the option 8 is between new and old sounds not no sounds and sounds.

I would check your connections, there is no volume control on the keypad, only volume control is on the panel itself.

Fitted loads of new keypads on old panels no problem, it may have a faulty sounder, I assume it's not got an internal speaker ? Have you tried down powering the system and re powering back up ?

Many thanks secureiam and sparkymarka for responding. I had thought about just replacing the keypad but the housing itself was becoming slightly warped and severly discoloured and as its in a prominent location 'she who must be obeyed' decided it had to go

Will check connections again tomorrow but athough the four connnections on the new keypad are configured differently to the old one, I am absolutely certain the keypad is connected correctly. I did power down system but this made no difference. Just one thing I have now noticed is that on setting alarm with key pad there is an initial click as though the unit is going to work correctly but after that no more sound! will check connections tomorrow and also ribbon cable and report back

Sponsored Links
When was the last time you replaced the back up battery ?what colour is the main pcb ? Orange very old/ green later on !

okay so the old keypad was working, just tired looking hence why you went to change it.

If you cant get the new keypad to work, does the old one work when its refitted.

You may still be able to use the new casing with the old keypad and new keys, if it comes to the worst case.

However the keypads are backwards compatible usually and as long as its wired okay shouldn't be an issue at all.

how are you setting the system? whats lit up on the keypad?, do you get any improvement by removing the battery from the system.

What happens when you type your code in and press 00, or code in and prog?

I had more time to deal with this today and I was going to uninstall key pad and refit it but as I turned the power supply off the alarm main panel started to time down ready to go off. So I suspected battery which is only just over four years old, the first one lasted 16 years! I hooked battery up outside panel and put front cover back on, off load voltage was around 13v on load but without mains on the voltage dropped to around 7v with mains on it rose as expected to around 12/13v so will get new battery Monday or Tuesday and report back.

Once again secureiam and sparkymarka many thanks for your help, I will let you know how things go.

vback up battery life is approximatley 5 years and can cause all sorts of issues, if you suspect the battery just disconnect it and try without on this panel as it doesn't have to have a battery to function (short term only, long term you need a battery for when you have a power cut).

Screwfix sell the batteries and they are open 7 days a week just have to check they have stock of the size of battery you require.

Finally fitted new battery, everything now appears to be OK. Once again many thanks secureiam and sparkymarka for all your help. Sorry sparkymarka I failed to respond when you asked the colour of the main pcb - its green.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back