Veritas R8+ alarm prob.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Have just fitted a Veritas R8+ alarm with 2 remote keypads (4) wires none doubled up, everything works OK but I cannot alter time delay on entry (set at 35 secs) and the beeps from keypad are almost inaudible.

(1) To alter time delay manual states on page (30), engineer code (1234) then press prog then press (3) then (3) for (full set entry time) then time in secs, in my case 60 then press prog, nothing happens, the delay remains at (35 secs). What am I doing wrong?.

(2) How do I increase the volume of the beep from keypad.

Thanks,

Rob.

Sponsored Links
Reset twice, 1234 prog (all lights illuminated?)
enter the code to change the timer (33), 60 two numbers illuminated on keypad press prog, should get acceptance tone.

did any part of that not happen?

I will try that Monday (reset twice) thanks, the alarm is in another house, I have same alarm but older model, just changed time on mine from 20 secs to 60 secs, worked OK.

Can I increase sound from keypad.

Thanks,

Rob.

Sponsored Links
all the reset twice does is make sure you are not in any menus.

I suspect you didn't get into engineering but depending on how the panel responds will indicate that.

only place to increase volume is in the main panel unfortunately.

The keypad tone is low on second keypad, this keypad is some distance from control panel, will doubling up the 12 volt and 0 volt rails improve this.

checking the voltage at the keypad would be a start ! Doubling up the power can't hurt !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back