Veritas R8 Installation help PLEASE!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Ive just installed a veritas r8 alarm in my house and im having a few problems commissioning it!

Going thru the Installation manual I enter 1234 and press PROG. I then do a walk test but on the keypad Zones 7&8 red lights stay on constantly and the box beeps 9 times. all the other zones work OK and the tamper red light stays on and the green unset light flashes.

Had a look in the manual and cant seem to see anything to help me out! Can any of you guys help me please?

thanks

Sponsored Links
sorry didnt read it all . you also have a tamper on it check global tamper , bell tamper and keypad lid.

Sponsored Links
tampers are ok, also im commissioning it while the lid of off the main control unit, shall i put the lid on or is it ok to do it off?

Also i have two key pads, one downstais one upstairs, the one downstais im using to commission.

When i press 4321 the one downstairs zones 7&8 stay on and the one upstairs zone 1 light stays on lol what a headace!!

lid needs to be on to clear tamper fault, what detectors are you using ? what is zone 1 ?

check software version there was a recall for versions 0.49-0.59 what the issues are iam not sure look on main chip on pcb .if its not that version take out wiring from 1, 7, 8 put in wire link and recheck if fault goes away check your wiring.

check software version there was a recall for versions 0.49-0.59 what the issues are iam not sure look on main chip on pcb .if its not that version take out wiring from 1, 7, 8 put in wire link and recheck if fault goes away check your wiring.

ok ill have a check, just another thing,

ok, ive put the lid on and tamper light has gone off. when i press 4321 zones 7&8 lights stay on the keypad.

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back