Veritas R8 alarm doesnt reset.(Bacon flashing)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Veritas R8 (or may be R8+) system with a Remote keypad. we have the detectors in about 6 zones and the system is connected to the outside box. A few weeks ago there was a power outage in our area and i opened the front door ,the alarm went off.After the power came back the detector in front of the front door is now beeping continuously whenever some one walk in front. ( we have covered it temporarily)Also the outside box alrm sound has gone but the light is contiously flashing.
What could be the problem. the remote keypad doesnt take any input. Doesnt reset doesnt take the code.

Sponsored Links
check the standby battery voltage

i am sure there is a joke with having outside bacon, i just gues i am in too much of a rash to figure it out

We have a Veritas R8 (or may be R8+) system with a Remote keypad. we have the detectors in about 6 zones and the system is connected to the outside box. A few weeks ago there was a power outage in our area and i opened the front door ,the alarm went off.After the power came back the detector in front of the front door is now beeping continuously whenever some one walk in front. ( we have covered it temporarily)Also the outside box alrm sound has gone but the light is contiously flashing.
What could be the problem. the remote keypad doesnt take any input. Doesnt reset doesnt take the code.

it sounds as if the powercut has caused the panel to lock out.

power it down mains and battery ( the outside sounder should go off if its to standard and in good nick )

wait 30 secs. power back up the panel hopefully it should then respond to codes

the bleeping from one detector sounds like the panel chime has been turned on

unless you have access to a battery tester replace the battery

the panel you have as a nvm so powering down does not effect
programing

good luck

editing a post from what you first posted is not always a good idea.

the give away is the edited note at the bottom.

you first posted

............ the system is connected to the outside bacon. A few weeks ago there was a power outage............

give away bit is
Last edited by rameshrs on Sat Nov 08, 2008 13:03, edited 1 time in total

Sponsored Links
I had a similar problem. It took the Battery some time to recharge (about 24hrs) only then will it accept the control codes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back