Veritas R8 Improvement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Veritas R8 alarm system that was installed as part of our new build house.

It’s a Veritas R8 system with 4 PIRs and 1 remote keypad located at the front door.

Are there any options to upgrade this system?
Whether they be texecom products or otherwise, but ideally I’d rather not need to start installing new wires.

Sponsored Links
Yes there are options but they are limited so as asked what is it you want upgrade the panel to do?

The R8 has no outputs as such, but the bell trigger and sw+ could be used as outputs to trigger a dialler for alarm and set and unset conditions potentially.

As pstn is being phased out, IP based and gsm modules might be worth looking at.
A cheap easy to program gsm unit has been discussed on here before.
If you want to voice call via gsm it tends to be more expensive.

Apps can be used but primitive and limited on the Veritas Compact, Veritas 8 and The Veritas R8, the R8+ and excel panels for example have pre defined outputs making more possibilities open up.

I would be tempted to look at upgrading the whole system if you want an app to be fair.

Sorry, what a rubbish post!!

I guess I’m looking for anything extra... from remote keyfobs to a full app system.

I can’t make use of the Veritas system installed I guess the wiring I need is there to get me started for the main board..

Sponsored Links
The easiest upgrade may be a Premier Elite panel, depends on what you current have and want as to a full kit recommendation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back