Veritas R8 false alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a veritas R8 alarm that in the last 3 months has occasionally gone off when not set. The first time it happened i assumed the battery was on its way out and replaced it but it did the same thing last week. i was able to reset it from the keypad which stopped the alarm.

Can anyone advise how i can trace what's causing the false alarm? The alarm is connected to 3 PIR's and one door sensor. i currently have it disconnected from power and the battery disconnected but i can easily put it back into working order.

Sponsored Links
tamper fault, need to isolate tamper faults.

look at the event log, its in the manual how to find out where the tamper fault was coming from.

but depends on the panel and its age as to what access you have to this event log vis user or engineers code

thank you for your reply. Looking at the manual, the event log will tell me what zone triggered the alarm last time. Do PIR's become unreliable as they age or is it likely to be a wiring fault?

so in the event log did it come up a zone or a tamper fault?

If tamper did you press OMIT key what number was displayed?

Sponsored Links
only zones that are 24 hour zones, like PA, Fire or tamper will show up when the system is not armed

This is in the manuals.

you need to cross reference the results to know where to look

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back